While accessing COSEC Web/Admin Portal of V12R01 or higher version in MS Windows 7 (Generally 32-bit system) shows error:
HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden - The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.
The issue is observed when IIS has an older version of handlers. (IIS version lower than 7.5.7600.16385)
Step 1: Enable the Directory Browsing from IIS:
- Go to Control Panel → Programs & Features → Turn Windows features on or off → Select World Wide Web Services → Common HTTP Features → Enable Directory Browsing
If the problem persists, follow Step 2.
Step 2: Register the Microsoft .NET Framework by following below process:
- Open the Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges
- Type the below command in Command Prompt & press enter:
- Type the command aspnet_regiis -i and press enter, it will start installing ASP.NET
- Wait till the installation of .NET completes
After doing the above step if the problem persists, follow step 3.
Step 3: Windows update is available that enables certain IIS 7.0 or IIS 7.5 handlers to handle requests whose URLs do not end with a period.
- Click Here to Download the handler from the Microsoft Website.
- Select the Update package according to the operating system, download & install it
- You must Restart the system after applying this update.
This will resolve the HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden.
|Posted by ::1 on 1 June 2018 at 06:58.|
Edited by Admin (administrator) on 3 January 2019 at 11:07.